Selling Your Home
As an experienced Listing Agent who has helped many homeowners sell their home in the Indianapolis Metro area, I know how to handle every aspect of the sales process - from strategically staging and marketing your home to making sure everything's signed, sealed and delivered by the closing date.
There are many aspects and stages to the home selling process and the right information determines whether your home will sell in a short period of time or remain on the market longer than necessary.
What determines Market Value
Well, not Zestimates! And agents do not set prices either! Properties compete for Buyers' attention. Buyers compare properties to determine which home is the "best deal". Proper pricing anticipates what buyers will be willing to pay by comparing similar properties recently sold, and competing listings currently on the market. It is a well known fact that properties listed too high in the beginning end up actually selling for less than they otherwise would have, had the home been priced right from the start. This is because if a sale is not achieved in the beginning when the majority of showing activity takes place, it then becomes necessary to reduce the price to regenerate new activity. Buyers are well aware of homes that have been on the market for a long time and are typically inclined to bring lower offers in those situations. So it is imperative to price right from the beginning because pricing high only lengthens the process, and results in a lower net to seller.
Here are some factors that *do not* effect property values:
- Seller's original sales price
- Net proceeds that seller requires
- Opinion of others (Even Realtors and Appraisers have to do their homework before they can come up with an estimated value)
- Major Improvements rarely recoup their full cost
- Maintenance items to keep home in good working condition
At our initial meeting I will go over the market data in your area and discuss many other factors that will be applicable to your particular property. If you are wondering about the value of your home, don't go by a Zestimate! Call me for a free detailed Comparative Market Analysis of your home.
Preparing your home to Stand out
Staging helps your home sell for more, even in a seller's market! I am a trained Staging professional and can help you with tips on how to best present your home to the market. There is a lot more to staging than addressing clutter and cleaning, so the better the condition of the home when I first come to visit your home, the easier it will be to take it to that next level.
- First Impression is everything.
- Many homes do not sell because of cluttered rooms, dirty kitchens and bathrooms, stained/worn or outdated carpets and wall colors, unkept landscaping and unpleasant odors.
- Applying a bit of "elbow grease" is the cheapest and most effective way to make a home sparkle and stand out from others on the market.
- In Indiana, New Homes Construction drives our economy and builders are building as far as the eye can see. This is partly why we have never enjoyed higher appreciation rates compared to other states. Your home will be competing with lots of other new or newer homes so maintaining good condition and updating if necessary will go a long way in causing buyers to choose your home over others.
Ready, Set, Go!
Once the home is ready for market I will arrange for your home to be photographed, and all the marketing we discussed at our first meeting to get implemented. Showings start immediately after you are entered in the system, so we need to be ready! I will work with you to arrange showings and convey feedback from showings to you directly. You will also receive automatic updates on market activity so you are informed of any competing new listings or price reductions. It is very important that you as the seller keep abreast of both the feedback we receive and the market updates I will send you. I am always open to your suggestions and ideas. The more we communicate the better results we will have.
The moment we've been waiting for
Once we receive an offer (or 3), I will be contacting you to set up a time so I can go over the terms of the offer with you. Price is not the only thing to be concerned about, as closing dates, items that will or will not remain with the home, financing, and other factors are equally as important. It is important to allow yourself some time to consider the details and not be hasty or take any offer for granted. I am a trained negotiator and know how to approach any situation by offering solutions.
Once we have an "Accepted Offer" which may come after a few rounds of countering, we are ready to get things lined up for closing. Below is a typical progression highlighting the major phases from this point forward:
- Delivery of Earnest money - usually 1% of Purchase Price
- Reviewing the Inspection Report
- Getting estimates on any necessary repairs
- Preparing Inspection Responses
- Appraisal - ordered by lender
- Final Walk-through by the Buyers
Each situation and home is different. We will discuss each step in detail prior to each event, and I will answer any questions you might have. I will be there to walk you through each step, even after closing.
If you are purchasing your next home I will also help coordinate all of this with the closing on your next home and make it so that you can move seamelessly from one home to another if applicable.
So when you decide that you'd like sell a home anywhere in the Indy Metro area, please contact me for a Free No obligation Market Analysis of your home.